free web site hit counter

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Semi Final Result Reaction

The bad thing is that most of my predictions on the top ten of the Eurovision semifinal this year, which I posted on various forums, were only half right. Even more puzzling is the fact that none of my brother's favorite songs qualified (this may be a bad omen for France on Saturday, then).
The good thing? Most of my favorite songs qualified! My top 10 songs from the semifinal, in order of most liked to lesser liked, are:
Belarus, Serbia, Cyprus, Moldova, Slovenia, FYR Macedonia, Switzerland, Georgia, Bulgaria, and Denmark. Out of those, the only ones that didn't qualify were Cyprus and Denmark (which I kind of expected not to), and Switzerland (which I thought would qualify). The ones not in my top 10 semifinal songs that qualified were Turkey and Latvia (which I expected), and Hungary...which completely surprised me. She sang well, but the song was boring and she was dressed kind of sloppily, but I guess that worked for Dima Bilan last year, and it could work for her.

Even though Europe's top 10 isn't my top 10 exactly, it is still very close, and even with more participants in the semifinal I am more accurate than last year, when 5 of my top 10 semifinalists qualified. Also, more of my favorite songs qualified than did my brother's.

So, this is what I hope the final's top 10 will look like, although I'm pretty sure it won't look at all like this:
1)Belarus
2)Serbia
3)Sweden
4)Spain
5)Moldova
6)Slovenia
7)FYR Macedonia
8)Georgia
9)Bulgaria
10)France
And since there are 2 Big 4 countries in there, I'll make it my top 12:
11)Russia
12)Finland

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tried to get my sisters interested in Eurovision with not much success. :(

Good thing people like your brother don't vote more. I didn't like his choices much.

Since you stuck your neck out, I will give you my prediction list here (from one to twenty-four). An asterisk represents an entry that came from the semifinal. We can laugh at each other when the real result turns out nothing like either of our lists. :)

Ukraine
*Serbia
*Latvia
*Slovenia
*Belarus
Russia
*Bulgaria
*Moldova
*Hungary
United Kingdom
---------
Romania
*Turkey
*Macedonia
Armenia
*Georgia
Ireland
Germany
Greece
Spain
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sweden
France
Finland
Lithuania

5/11/2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger Tinsie said...

My (and my friends') predictions for the top 10 were, in no specific order: Finland, Slovenia, Greece, Latvia, Russia, Germany, Serbia, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria. 50% ain't bad, I suppose. It was a strange final, lots of good songs, so it was hard to guess.

5/13/2007 7:53 PM  
Blogger Schlagerboys said...

Olivia was soooo robbed...

It should have been Valetta 2008....

6/08/2007 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home