free web site hit counter

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I am a horrible horrible person

I just realized that yesterday.

I was watching American Idol with my roommate last night. After six seasons that take up an entire school semester each, I am beginning to tire of it. As the show ended and the phone numbers were shown again I had an awful thought:

"If [Roommate] wasn't here watching me, I would so be voting for Sanjaya as a joke". In fact, I will do it next week (if he is still around).

This is an awful thought on its own, but if you combine it with the fact that I disprove of people who voted for Scooch as a joke, it makes me a hypocrite too.

Also, remember how I was supporting Me & My in the Danish Melodi Grand Prix because they had a song in Dance Dance Revolution (also, their song was amazing)? Well, it turns out that Scooch did too! "More Than I Needed To Know" was in DDR MAX 2 for arcades. So for the third year running, there is a DDR artist in the Eurovision final! Not as good as Vanilla Ninja nor as prolific as Daz, but they'll do. Next year, though, get someone good like smile.dk!

So, dear Scooch fans and casual "supporters" of Scooch, I apologize for anything I may have said about them. I still don't like "Flying The Flag" but I won't complain if come May they get some points.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I agree with you whole heartedly that a great deal of Scooch votes probably came from viewers who think the contest is a joke and therefore think a joke act is the best way to go. It's a shame really when you think that Big Brouvuz or Cyndi would have done so much better.

4/24/2007 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Big Brovaz had an ineligible song (released before the deadline).

Anyway, I agree that Scooch has a poor song, but I have seen them in interviews, and they seem like such nice people. Plus they did this ONLY to represent the UK for Eurovision (not to try to advance their careers like so many artists do).

I hope they do well (and I think they will best recent UK entries - finishing about 9-12th).

4/29/2007 4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the contest *is* a joke.

I'm a Scooch fan from way back, and I'll admit that "Flying the Flag" is a very poor song; but it fits in well with Eurovision. If I want to listen to them sing some good songs, I'll put Four Sure into my CD player.

Of course, I'll be wishing the UK the best of luck on the night, and I'll hope that Scooch continue to perform after the contest is over.

Chris

5/06/2007 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home