free web site hit counter

Monday, March 05, 2007

Cheesy At Any Price

So the cheesy, cheesy video for "Work Your Magic" was released today, and it made me notice something that I should have noticed a while ago: Dmitry Koldun looks strangely like Ashlee Simpson pre-nose-job. Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees the resemblance.

In other news, the part where he points to the camera 2:49 makes the song/performance winning material. Other good things include: the Harajuku Girls-style dancers, the drummer, the guitar player who makes faces at the camera.

On the opposite end of the video spectrum is Natalia Barbu's video for "Fight", which was released a while ago but I only found out about it today. This video made me cry. Seriously. This is so low budget that it makes me worry that she isn't getting paid enough. I remember the video for "Loca" being a little flashier than this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Oh goodness--the video for Natalia's song looks like it was created by raiding the stock footage of a National Geographic knockoff, or maybe that TV channel that just shows sunrises and sunsets from around the world. On the plus side, Nash said her song was their favorite in the competition, if that means anything. Do you think maybe Dmitry could lend her a couple of jugglers or something?

I'm not even sure what to make of Dmitry's video. Pointing at the camera is always a good thing, though.

3/05/2007 10:39 PM  
Blogger mathematician said...

Actually, Natalia was not given any money at all from her country. She had to pay everything (the video-clip, the flight to Finland, her hotel etc.) so I do not think she is to be blamed after all

4/29/2007 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home