free web site hit counter

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Welcome to another Sunday Eurovision roundup. This week has had one final and eight semi-finals. If that seems like a lot, it isn't - next weekend has eleven semi-finals and four finals!

Best news of the week - Dimitry Koldun and his crazy magic song won the Belarussian preselection! Teenyboppers screamed in joy, and so did I. I don't know if it will do well but it will definitely make for an exciting performance.

In the middle of the week Spain had another semi-final and Rebeca of "I Love You Mi Vida" just made it through. The songs were cut down from 15 to 10, and my two favorites made it through, as well as a bunch of songs that weren't nearly as good.

This weekend seven semi-finals took place in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, and Romania. I was busy and thus unable to watch any of them, but mostly good songs made it through and I am looking forward to next week's semi-finals for all of them, especially Romania.

Finally, some songs from finals far in the future were released.Half-length clips of the Bulgarian songs were released. I'm rooting for "Back In Your Heart" by Grupata because they are a boy band. They're not even that good looking, but their song reminds me of better looking ones. All three German songs are out, and though none of them really stand out, but I get a feeling that the Monrose song would grow on me if I listened to enough. Georgia released all five songs by Sopho Kalvashi, and I'm not very fond of any of them (they're all good but are missing that extra something). If I had to pick I'd probably pick "On adjarian motives." Finally, the song titles from Croatia have been announced and as expected Feminnem are on the list! Once it's released I'll give a review.

Next week, Estonia, Malta, Poland, and Slovenia choose their songs. I haven't heard any of the Slovenian songs so I can't make a prediction. But for the others I predict Vanilla Ninja for Estonia, Claudia Faniello for Malta, and The Jet Set for Poland (all partly prediction and partly wishful thinking).

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrian said...

It's a pity Rebeca's out, but I understand she was just a bit too bonkers.

I hope I love you mi vida goes to Helsinki, and I hope with a performer who can do it well. It'll be interesting to hear the interpretations.

2/13/2007 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home