free web site hit counter

Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm in ur towers, working ur magic

Welcome to another week's Sunday Eurovision news roundup. I've slept horribly this week, so it's going to be a little short because I'm tired.

This Saturday Finland, Iceland, and Norway had semifinals. So far, my favorites from each semifinal made it through ("Leave me alone" for Finland, "Blómabörn" for Iceland, and I haven't heard the songs from Norway) so I hope that good songs, meaning songs that I like, keep making it through to the final.

From Belarus, Dimitry Koldun's new entry, "Work Your Magic", is now floating around on the internet and it is much better than the old one. It is about love, but it is also about magic, a little. However, the song gets its magic (or maybe its English) a little wrong. "When you cast your loving potion over me"? Everyone knows that potion is an item, srsly. You don't cast items! Still, it's great in an over-the-top sort of way and I hope that it wins tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home