free web site hit counter

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tragic

This past Monday Don't Stop The Pop did a fantastic post about girl bands. One group listed (#110) is Danish group S.O.A.P. After finding their video for "This Is How We Party" on YouTube, I realized (many others have too) the chorus of "Tragic" by BoA sounds nearly identical to the chorus of this song.
I don't know the writer of "Tragic" deliberately copied "This Is How We Party," but this many years after the release of both songs I really don't care. That style of pop music takes me back to middle school (even though I hadn't heard of BoA until high school, and hadn't heard of S.O.A.P. until this week).

Download - SOAP - "This Is How We Party"
Download - BoA - "Tragic"
Watch - S.O.A.P. - "This Is How We Party

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home