free web site hit counter

Sunday, April 30, 2006

You want me to what your gasolina?

We're in the final stretch now, after this is the top ten. This week the official CD should be out, and who knows if that will change my rankings. However, it will be too late to go back (but not too late to shuffle around the top ten). Here are 11-15 for your enjoyment:

15. Netherlands
Treble - "Amambanda"
Reaction: Ah, the fantasy language song. I actually really like it. The guitar and drum sound and ethnic feel are good, and the made-up language thing isn't annoying but actually kind of charming (I'd better get used to that; getting Sims 2 soon).
Best Part: "There is a way/To understand without a language/Don’t be afraid"
Rating: 3/5

14. Sweden
Carola - "Invincible"
Reaction: This song truly is invincible: I have tried to resist it after it not being my favorite at Melodifestivalen, but I just can't. It's by-the-numbers Swedish pop, but I can't stop listening.
Best Part: Key change
Rating: 3/5

13. Poland
Ich Troje - "Follow My Heart"
Reaction: This song has shades of "My Number One" which is a good thing, and "Gasolina" which I'm not sure if it is. The large number of languages used doesn't make the song worse. It's a great catchy song that I hope will do well.
Best Part: "Toma mi gasolina"
Rating: 4/5

12. Finland
Lordi - "Hard Rock Hallelujah"
Reaction: For a "novelty" song, this is pretty good. Despite it being hard rock like the title implies, the structure is pretty pop. It's very listenable, and I like it more than Norway's last year, also rock. Oh, and anyone who says they are scary is a wimp (and this is coming from me, who is scared very easily).
Best Part: "It’s the Arockalypse/Now bare your soul"
Rating: 4/5

11. Malta
Fabrizio Faniello - "I Do"
Reaction: This year has a lot of great solo male uptempo numbers, this being one of them. It's not as good as last year's (which was my favorite of that competition), but is still very good.
Best Part: "cause I do I do I do/I do I do I love you like a fool"
Rating: 4/5

That's all for this week. Next week I'll have 6-10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home