free web site hit counter

Sunday, March 26, 2006

We Are The Winners (As Long As They Aren't)

I've heard all the Eurovision Song Contest songs for this year, and since I can't vote, I will rank them and write up some comments here. The format of each review will be as such:

Number. Country
Artist - "Song"
Reaction:I'll write what I think of the song. A few sentences, unless I am really passionate about it (like the UK).
Best Part:The best part/lyric of the song.
Rating: Out of 5

I'll do the bottom two today, and the next five every following Sunday.

37. United Kingdom
Daz Sampson - "Teenage Life"
Reaction: I explained in an earlier post how much I hate this guy's music. In case you missed it:I really really hate his music. I do like "Land Of The Rising Sun" by him with Spacekats, but that's about it. Last year we had Vanilla Ninja as an artist who had songs in music video games ("Tough Enough" was in Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 2 and In The Groove); why he has to be this year's music game representative, I don't know why. The only way to make it up is getting smile.dk next year.
But back to the song, it sucks. First of all, it's a cheesy rap ballad sung by a presumably thirty-something man about high school. After further listening, it resembles the song "Graduation" by Vitamin C, another cheesy song sung by a thirty-something-year-old about high school. And as someone who's graduating high school, I'm bracing myself for hearing that song all over the place - I'm glad that I don't live in Europe and thus have a much lower chance of hearing "Teenage Life" at a graduation party.
Best Part:"As we go on, we remember/all the times we had together"...oops, wrong song!
Rating: 1/5


36. Lithuania
LT United - "We Are The Winners"
Reaction:It's comedy, but not in the way Iceland's song is. It's kind of cynical and even a little angry. And it sounds like something that plays over the speaker during sports games. I imagine that this is not an inaccurate representation of the song's fans.
Best Part: The French part in the 2nd verse
Rating: 1/5

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/29/2006 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home