free web site hit counter

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Third Week of Euphoria

Three countries held finals to select their Eurovision entries. Norway chose “Stay,” which was my favorite of their selection. Is it “Popular” part 2? Maybe, but it won’t be a copy unless Tooji breaks glass on stage. Iceland chose “Mundu eftir mér,” which was also my favorite of their finalists. Since the Icelandic songs have all been in English in Eurovision lately, it will be interesting to see how this turns out should it get translated. Hungary chose “Sound of our hearts,” which was not my favorite (that would be “Vízió“), but still a solid choice.

Sweden had their second semifinal. I expected “Soldiers” to qualify but I didn’t expect “Shout It Out” to. The Andra Chansen qualifiers, “Stormande hav” and “Baby Doll”, are also good songs. Lithuania had their second semifinal as well, from which three songs qualified. I don’t like “Take it Back” or “Amazed by You,” and like “Euforija” only a little better.

Next week should see finals from Belarus, Germany, Latvia, and Ukraine, and semifinals from Estonia, Lithuania, and Sweden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home