free web site hit counter

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Beautiful Songs?

This weekend brought just a few semifinals. No more songs revealed or selected until next week, it seems.

Latvia had their second semifinal. Most of the qualifiers are mediocre. I prefer "She's a queen" and "Beautiful song" out of the qualifiers, but none of the songs performed are really special at all. Such a disappointment after last year, but maybe that was just an outlier.

Iceland had their first semifinal. I'm happy about "Mundu eftir mér" qualifying but I really wish "Leyndarmál" had also qualified, as it was my favorite from this. "Stattu upp" is okay but it somehow sounds a little too close to the Taio Cruz song "Dynamite."

Bulgaria had their semifinal. I'm happy with the results, as I really like half of the qualifiers. There's a good chance that they'll select a good song as their entry.

Next week should be very Nordic as Iceland and Norway have semifinals and Denmark selects their entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home