free web site hit counter

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Starting Super Saturdays on Sunday

This weekend marked the start of the run of “super Saturdays” of song selection. On Saturday only Malta chose their Eurovision entry, “This is My Night.” It’s at least better than their previous two entries, but that’s not saying much. Hopefully it gets a makeover for the better.

Lithuania had their first semifinal. I like “Why” but not the other two qualifiers.
Hungary had their second semifinal. Sad to see “Yeah OK” and “Élek a szemeidben” go.
Norway had their third and final semifinal. “Stay” was my favorite and rightly qualified. The other two qualifiers don’t stand out as much to me, but none of the other songs in the semifinal did.
Sweden had their first semifinal. I’m happy “Euphoria” qualified as it was my favorite of the group. The other qualifier, “Mystery,” isn’t as appealing to me but it definitely has a target audience that is underserved in Melodifestivalen/Eurovision.

Next week: A truly super Saturday with finals in Hungary, Iceland, and Norway, and semifinals in Lithuania and Sweden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home