free web site hit counter

Sunday, January 29, 2012

RIP Dance and Erase You

Two countries chose/presented their songs for Eurovision this week. Cyprus chose "La La Love," my favorite of the bunch so far. France presented "Echo (You and I)," which is in the middle of the pack for me.

Finland and Ukraine selected finalists from their larger pool of entries and I will be sad to see "Erase You" from Finland and "Dance" from Ukraine go. Just imagine how a zombie themed performance would have turned out on the Eurovision stage!

Hungary had their first semifinal, from which four songs qualified, my favorite being "Vizio."

Iceland had their final semifinal. I think the best two songs qualified, but my favorite is still from the first semifinal.

Norway had their second semifinal, from which three songs qualified. "Ola Nordmann" and "Crush" are good, but I wish "Shapeshifter" or "You and I" had qualified instead of "Make It Better."

Next week: Belarus and Malta pick their songs, and more semifinals from Hungary, Norway, and Sweden!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home