free web site hit counter

Sunday, January 23, 2011

More Scandinavia Shorts

I've been very busy lately so I'll keep this week's commentary short.

I thought Croatia was going to have their first semifinal with the actual songs, but it was only a performer selection, so I won't comment on their selection until the songs have been revealed.

Finland had their second semifinal and three songs qualified to the final. “Sydämeni kaksi maata” is my favorite of the three but none amaze me.

Norway also had their second semifinal. "You're Like A Melody" was my favorite of the night so I'm happy it qualified, a little less so about the other qualifier "Depend on me." Neither of the second chance qualifiers, "Allergic" and "Oh oh (Puppy Love)" excited me.

Iceland had their second semifinal as well. "Nott" was the best of the night and of their selection so far, but it's no "Is it true." It has a great performer but not as an amazing song. If it wins the national final I don't see it doing as well as "Is it true" did.

Next week: more of the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home