free web site hit counter

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Final predictions!

I was too upset by Sweden and Croatia's failure to qualify from the semifinal to write a reaction sooner (really, I was just too busy). I got 8 out of 10, not bad. I was worried Ireland wouldn't qualify and really wasn't expecting Cyprus to qualify.

So, some predictions for the final of Eurovision 2010!

- I really have no clue who will win. Nobody seems to be giving me nor the internet at large an "oh wow this is going to win" feeling.
-American Idol coverage has taught me that teen girls with unlimited text messaging plans like cute boys who play acoustic guitar. Belgium or Cyprus?
-Or maybe they just like cute boys in general, adding Israel and Serbia (I suppose Josh from the United Kingdom would count as cute too, but I don't want to believe that the song will do well). Maybe they like girls who look like teen pop idols, which would include Azerbaijan (Safura looks more than a little like Miley Cyrus on TV, thankfully she is a better singer) and Portugal.
-Of course, Germany is the pre-contest favorite and since the rehearsals look decent she could do very well. Maybe she'll win and any speculation otherwise will just be denial.
-All I hope for is an exciting voting sequence with a winner who is not apparent from the first few 12s.

So, before I go, enjoy some art and enjoy the show! Good luck to everyone performing!

Petr Nalitch as Marvel character Whiplash, by Anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home