free web site hit counter

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Germany won!

After all the speculation that it was wide open this year, the pre-contest favorite won, showing that Youtube decides the winner. I'm a little frightened because this means that my 8th ranked song won for the third time in a row. Like other years, one song from my top 5 was in the actual top 5. I could write more about who I was happy for and who I was disappointed in, but instead of complaining on the internet I'm going to keep it short and go out.

I hope buying tickets is a lot easier next year than it was this year, maybe I can finally get some...lots of direct flights from New York to various places in Germany...
Congrats Germany!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVED IT! My four favorite songs all finished in the top six (even better than I expected). This is by far the happiest I have ever been with the results. Congratulations to all of them.

What I got wrong:

I completely overestimated the affect of the diaspora vote in an "open" year, and put four of the "usual suspects" at the top of my ranking.

France gave a much better performance than I expected (from the rehearsals), and way outperformed my expectations.

I never believed Ireland would do well at all, but I didn't see them falling into the bottom three.

What I got right:

NINE of the top ten, baby! I had Serbia in eighth place (they finished thirteenth) and I Ukraine in eleventh (they finished tenth).

Poor finishes by United Kingdom (well, that was obvious), Belarus (also obvious) Cyprus (I knew they weren't going to do anything, but I STILL overestimated them), Iceland, Moldova, and Norway (why was that ever regarded?).

I also had many of the songs that finished mid-table near their actual positions: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Israel, Russia, and Spain.



The second semi-final produced seven of the top ten, as many as the much stronger first semi-final in 2008 did.

Greece's 2005 record (lowest winning score ever) is safe for at least one more year.

See you next year.

5/29/2010 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home