free web site hit counter

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Short Sunday Roundup

Very busy tonight, and I don’t want to write too much in fear of being repetitive when I start my rankings soon, so here’s some short first impressions of the songs chosen this week:

Estonia - “Siren” - I don’t get it, I really don’t
Greece - “OPA” - fan favorite that I don’t get
Germany - “Satellite” - very modern, not Eurovision-y
United Kingdom - “That sounds good to me” - is it the 90’s again
Sweden - “This Is My Life” - everyone knew it would win
Serbia - “Ovo Je Balkan” - crazy, in a very good way, I love it much more than I should
Bosnia & Herzegovina - “Munja I Grom” - good rock song, not up to their standard but better than many in this contest

Overall I think the biggest thing I learned from six weeks of Melodifestivalen is that Sweden should send Dolph Lundgren riding a Segway next year. It doesn’t matter what song he sings, and he doesn’t even have to sing. It would get votes.

All that is left is the songs from Azerbaijan, France, and Israel, and then shortly after that I’ll start my big ranking of all the songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home