free web site hit counter

Sunday, January 17, 2010

One more day of just semifinals

This week had no new national entries revealed or chosen, although some singers were announced. There were also a few more semifinals, from the same countries as last week.

Malta had their sixth and final semifinal, and none of the songs really appealed to me. A few days later they announced the running order for their final, and most of the songs I liked are in the final.

Moldova also announced the qualifiers to their national final. I don’t have a favorite out of all the songs at first listen, but there are some decent songs in there.

Finland had their second semifinal. I’m happy that “Love at the first sight” qualified, though I don’t like it live as much as “Anastacia” from last week.

Iceland had their second semifinal, and “One More Day” and “Gleði og glens” qualified. I like the first one better than the second, but neither are favorites.

Norway also had their second semifinal. I was pleased that my favorite from this semifinal, “Give It To Me” qualified. This song being my favorite was no surprise, since I liked this singer’s songs in the previous editions of MGP (although out of the three, “Always always” is my favorite). The other qualifier, “The Touch” is a sweet ballad but nothing really special. Since last week, “Make My Day” has grown on me and it feels most like a winner out of the songs so far.

Next week brings additional semifinals from Finland, Iceland, and Norway, and the beginning of the Slovakian selection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home