free web site hit counter

Thursday, May 14, 2009

2nd Semifinal Predictions

It's three hours to the second semifinal of Eurovision and it's time for me to post my predictions. I haven't been reading any of the coverage of the dress rehearsals because I've been busy until today, so I don't really have any rehearsal impressions. I'm going to test my luck and include my top seven from my rankings again, but from what I've seen of the earlier rehearsals I think they have a shot.

Even though I don't really "get" Estonia's song it seems a lot of people do, so I think it would qualify, either by viewer votes or as jury pick. Serbia is also outside my top 10 in my ranking, but it seems that the live performance looks very entertaining. Just based on the song alone I'd rather see Hungary and Ireland in the place of those two, but based on the live performances I'm not sure that would happen. I just have a feeling that Denmark and Netherlands won't qualify. I'll probably be proven wrong about Denmark, but even with the draw I will be shocked and cry "jury pick!" if Netherlands qualifies. That, or "drunk dialing."

Here are my 10 predicted qualifiers for the second semifinal of the Eurovision Song Contest 2009:

ALBANIA
AZERBAIJAN
CROATIA
ESTONIA
GREECE
LITHUANIA
MOLDOVA
NORWAY
SERBIA
UKRAINE

Good luck to all the performers, and the journalists giving such great coverage of the event so computer-bound viewers like me can see a glimpse of what's happening behind the scenes in Moscow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the final dress rehearsal today (in lieu of attending the show tonight).

The most fun parts were the "green room" interviews (with a completely empty green room), and the announcement of the finalists (with volunteers in the green room pretending to be excited as if they qualified).

The performances did change my opinions slightly (Greece went up, and Hungary went down), but my predicted ten qualifiers remains the same as before. It seems I completely agree with the consensus - my top ten represents the ten songs with the best odds at the bookmakers (not very exciting, I know).

01 Norway
02 Greece
03 Azerbaijan
04 Ukraine
05 Estonia
06 Serbia
07 Lithuania
08 Denmark
09 Albania
10 Moldova
11 Netherlands
12 Croatia
13 Cyprus
14 Latvia
15 Slovakia
16 Hungary
17 Ireland
18 Slovenia
19 Poland

5/14/2009 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home