free web site hit counter

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Party Like a Balkan Girl

I only subscribe to the print editions of three magazines, and one of them is Time Out New York. I got this week's edition this afternoon and just about the last thing I expected or even wanted to see after some difficult exams was a picture of the Toppers in their silly silver outfits in print, but there it was, in the middle of an article about next week's Eurovision festivities. It briefly confirms the sad fact that no local channels broadcast the contest (unless some kind reader can tell me which premium cable channels do show it)It also had a listing of the magazine staff's favorite songs and a list of places where one could eat and drink (emphasis on drink) to remind you of various European countries. It was short and didn't even take up an entire page but it's so rare to read about Eurovision in local media for me that I thought I might mention it.

Source: Time Out New York

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home