free web site hit counter

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Semifinal 2 Reaction

Either I have popular taste this year or I am getting better at predicting. I got 9 out of 10 qualifiers right! The only one I got wrong was Serbia which was replaced with Denmark. I should have known Denmark would qualify but it was just wishful thinking. Just like Tuesday's semifinal, my top seven from the final plus another one from my top ten qualified.

Also the curse that has plagued my rankings seems to have lifted. Every year at least one of my top five songs does not qualify for the final, but this year all of my top five qualified. In fact, my top 14 songs are all in the final (13 qualifiers plus one automatic finalist). Nineteen of my top twenty-five are in the final (outside my top 25 are Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Portugal, Russia).

I'll post some predictions for the final on Friday night or Saturday morning once the draw has happened and the finalists rehearse.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job on Croatia. That was one that most people thought wouldn't make it. I also had nine, predicting that Serbia would make it instead of Croatia.

As for your favorites, give Estonia and Portugal another listen. :) Many of mine are gone, including (the one I feel most disappointed about) Switzerland). I guess the message this year is don't send a rock song.

5/14/2009 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting ready to go to the final. The tickets say to be there at 2200 (an hour before start time).

Here are my predictions for the final:

01 Norway
02 United Kingdom
03 Greece
04 Bosnia and Herzegovina
05 France
06 Iceland
07 Azerbaijan
08 Albania
09 Ukraine
10 Armenia
11 Malta
12 Estonia
13 Portugal
14 Turkey
15 Russia
16 Moldova
17 Denmark
18 Croatia
19 Sweden
20 Finland
21 Lithuania
22 Israel
23 Romania
24 Spain
25 Germany

Enjoy the show.

5/16/2009 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home