free web site hit counter

Sunday, February 28, 2010

This is my blog, my friends

This week a couple more Eurovision entries were chosen. With two weeks left there are still half of the entries left to be revealed. I’m in the middle of midterm time so I’ll keep it short.

Spain chose “Algo pequenito,” not my favorite from their selection but it’s still charming.

Belarus chose “Far Away,” which isn’t as good as their previous few entries and is thus kind of depressing after the long string of fabulous male solo singers.

Georgia chose "Shine" which is much better than the Dutch "Shine" from last year, and also quite different since it is a classy ballad rather than a schlager disaster.

Latvia chose "What For," which I like because it is depressing and quirky, and has very very awkward English lyrics.

Slovakia chose the fan favorite "Horehronie,” which is much better than their entry last year.

Bulgaria chose “Angel si ti,” which anyone could have seen coming as it was the only entry written by the performer.

Sweden had their fourth and final semifinal. The qualifiers "This is My Life" and "Hollow" weren't my favorites - that would be the second chance qualifier "Human Frontier - although they were very good.

Next week, Sweden has their Andra Chansen round, of which I would like to see "Headlines" or "Human Frontier" qualify, but sadly only one of those are able to. According to Esctoday.com's calendar, twelve countries are going to select or present their entries in the next seven days:Azerbaijan, Belgium, Croatia, France, Ireland, Lithuania, Moldova, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine. Hopefully all of those songs will sound like winners, or at least be very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home