free web site hit counter

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Legenda of Manboy

It's barely still Sunday here (by a minute!), so it's still time for Eurosunday.

Two more songs were added to the list of selected entries. Armenia's "Apricot stone" was a good choice as it was my favorite out of the entries in the national final, although I was a little confused by the title as I'm more used to hearing it referred to as a pit rather than a stone. Poland chose "Legenda" which is one in what could be a long line of male solo singers in this contest, but so far the first one with a song that heavily features string instruments.

Slovakia had their first proper semifinal after weeks of quarterfinals. Luckily their best song "Horehronie" qualified with a large amount of the popular vote. Lithuania also had their first semifinal with some decent qualifiers but nothing that stuck out to me.

Sweden had their second semifinal, with the much-awaited (by me) song, "Manboy" which flew into the final. As anyone could have predicted, it had an infectiously catchy chorus with awkward lyrics. Mr. Saade doesn't seem like a manboy at first glance to me so I will take his word for it that he isn't. Andreas Johnson, who I now realize sounds like Swedish Bono, also qualified with "We Can Work It Out." Of the second-chance round qualifiers, I liked Pauline's song, "Sucker For Love", and her hairbow.

Next week: Finals in FYR Macedonia, Malta, and Slovenia! Semifinals in Lithuania, Slovakia, and Sweden!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home