free web site hit counter

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Eurosunday: Doctor Doctor, Make It Better!

First this week was Finland’s second semifinal, which I was anxiously anticipating. “Doctor doctor” was much better live than I’d imagined, which makes it all the more disappointing that it didn’t make it to the final. “Lose control” had a duller live performance (yes, even with the guys playing with fire, because the singers just kind of stood there in a mass) but at least it sounded good and made it to the final. “Surrender” also sounded great and the female singer had a fabulous outfit (purple dress + giant snowflake).

On the British side of things, I was kind of happy that Charlotte went home since she was the most nervous-looking, yet also felt bad for her for the same reason. I assume that since Charlotte was in the bottom two last week and eliminate this week, could the Emperors of Soul be eliminated next week, and the other member of the bottom two that week eliminate the next, and so on?

I didn’t really like either of the Icelandic songs that went through very much, although “Undir regnbogann” had a delightful performance with its 1/100th of a marching band. None of the songs from Lithuania this week excited me either, although if I had to pick one of all of them I’d pick “I dangu” -- and no, the outfits don’t remind me of anything…

Next weekend, things start getting exciting and busy. Belarus picks their song on Tuesday. Bulgaria, Finland, Iceland, and Lithuania have more semifinals. Norway has its first semifinal, and the United Kingdom continues to do its elimination-show thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home