free web site hit counter

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Eurosunday: Broken Innocent Heart

I’m disappointed with the results in Malta, Lithuania, and Romania, as my favorite songs from each (“Innocent Heart”, “Ar tu mane matei”, and “Without cha”) were cut, but hopefully something else will interest me. Hopefully future songs from Lithuania and live performances in Malta and Romania will give me new favorites.

Moldova also trimmed their list down but luckily they all the songs that I like, including “Women’s winner”! Hopefully it will hold up on stage in the national final, whenever that may be.

Iceland held its first semifinal and I like “Is it true”. Finland held their first semifinal as well and neither qualifying song was bad, but they didn’t interest me much. I’m much more excited for next week’s semifinal.

I finally got a chance to watch some of the United Kingdom’s live show, and tuned in just as the voting was ending. I was surprised that the BBC was able to gather together a bunch of “unknowns” that look like they could stand a chance. Based on one performance, I like Mark’s and Jade’s voices and stage presence. However, it’s a little discomforting knowing that the song hasn’t been written yet, although I’m sure ALW can write a decent song quickly under pressure. I don’t know how I feel about Diane Warren as the songwriter. It shows that the UK is really trying this time, but it could also indicate that the song may be a middle-of-the-road non-offensive bland ballad.

Next week, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, and the United Kingdom will hold semifinals. As stated earlier, I’m really looking forward to Finland’s show -- I hope “Doctor doctor” and “Lose control” sound good live!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home