free web site hit counter

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

January '06 - What You May Have Missed

I decided that at the end of every month I will write a few paragraphs about things that happened during the month that I either didn't feel like writing about then, didn't have enough to write about then, or just didn't know about until later.

Oscar Nominations - Okay, I can't say I missed writing about this because it only happened this morning, but I wasn't going to write a whole lot about it anyway. The only nominated films I saw were Pride and Prejudice and Memoirs of A Geisha. The Academy must be crazy to have nominated Keira Knightley, because I didn't think she was that great in her role in Pride and Prejudice, unless you think that she "accurately" portrayed a pouty twig in the 19th century. I think Memoirs of a Geisha, on the other hand, should win a few awards, because the film looked gorgeous.

Full Moon Anime Licensed - Others were licensed for US release too this month, but this is the only one I've seen. It was only a matter of time after the manga (which I'll be reviewing soon) was released in English and syndicated in Shojo Beat magazine before the anime would come out in English too. It's about a 12 year old girl with throat cancer who, through divine intervention, becomes a 16 year old healthy and famous singer. I'm not a big fan of its music, except the first ending theme "New Future", but it's worth seeing.

"Ride A White Horse" - Not only is Goldfrapp's new single a great song, but the video is great too. It's bizarre, confusing, and at times disgusting, but at the same time it's amazing and fabulous. It makes me think. It's too bad Supernature isn't out in the U.S. yet because I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Dance Dance Revolution Supernova - It's ironic that the week Orange Lounge Radio Live stops being all-Bemani-and-sex that a new arcade DDR is announced. Not much is known about it yet, but already I hope that an arcade near me will get it.

American Idol Season 5 - Some people think that the best part of this show is the bad auditions, but not me (I never like audition shows). I like to watch the actual competition, and to track the progress (and failures) of 12 contestants rather than see 100 screw-ups once.

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

A wiggity wiggity what is up with the nominations for the oscars. The corpse bride? WTF?!

I'm gonna rant about this on my blog later.

1/31/2006 8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://teqeximu.maddsites.com/rytaqys.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

12/02/2009 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Gyles said...

I found a great deal of helpful info in this post!
healthy breakfast recipes | leg cramps cause | hotels in Nashville TN

11/22/2011 4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home