free web site hit counter

Sunday, March 10, 2013

I'm In Heartbreak Hotel

It's down to the last few songs! This week, there were 3 national finals for Eurovision.

A song that didn't make it in Israel is "We Are Free" by Vladi Blayburg. I missed cheesy schlager in Melodifestivalen this year, and this song helps to satisfy that craving.


My favorite song from the final in Romania was "What Is Love" by Al Mike feat. Renee Santana, a dance song with a very catchy chorus.


I am heartbroken (ha ha) that "Heartbreak Hotel" by YOHIO didn't win in Sweden, especially since it won the viewer vote. While I like this piece of typical Melodifestivalen glam rock, I admit the look is the bigger factor here.


"Begging" by Anton Ewald is my favorite song of the whole Melodifestivalen. It gives off a contemporary boy band feeling, like if One Direction or whoever got a hold of it, it would become a big hit. The repeated "ahou what a feeling" is fantastic.


There's only one final left next week, and that's Moldova.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home