free web site hit counter

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Restart in Scandinavia

This week, two live Eurovision selection shows. As usual the Scandinavian countries' selections dominate late January.

Finland had their first elimination show. Two songs made it to the final, three made it to the semifinal, and one was eliminated entirely, "Sytytä mut vaan." It's listenable but I feel I've heard it before somehow...


On Saturday, Norway had their first semifinal. Of the four songs that didn't advance, I like "Det er du" the best. I'm not usually a fan whistling in songs, but this one really works.


Next week sees quite a few selection shows: an elimination show in Finland, semifinals in Norway and Iceland, and a final in Denmark. I am very excited for the Danish final, because just from hearing the 30 second clips there's a few songs I like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home