free web site hit counter

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Super Scandinavian Saturday and Some more

This week saw a crop of Eurovision song selection shows exclusively from the fan-favorite northernmost parts of Europe.

Denmark had their national final. My favorite was "I'm Not Alone," which didn't even make it to the superfinal. This the kind of typical obvious schlagery pop I love but probably shouldn't.


Only one song out of six got eliminated this week in Finland, and it was "Paperilyhty" by Atlético Kumpula. This was my least favorite song out of that group so I am happy to see it go. It's calm and inoffensive, and that's it. Share this with the hipster in your life.


Iceland had two semifinals. My favorite of the non-qualifiers is "Augnablik" which sounded a bit mystical and magical.


Norway had their second semifinal this week. I wasn't taken by any of the seven songs. If I had to pick a favorite from the four eliminated songs, it would be "No One" by Hank. It's an almost haunting acoustic guitar ballad.


Next week, finals in Iceland and Malta! Semifinals in Finland, Hungary, Norway, and finally Sweden! I can't wait to hear the song from Yohio! And I'm especially excited to find out what song wins in Malta, as they have a strong group of songs to pick from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home