free web site hit counter

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Hello GMA, Hello Bono

Yes, I'm misquoting Dustin the Turkey, but when else am I going to get an opportunity to do so (unless there's a chance to write about goulash).

U2 will be performing at my university tomorrow morning for an appearance on Good Morning America. For my non-American readers, it is a light news television program airing in the early morning (7:00-9:00 AM EST) on ABC. Most of the morning shows of that variety have frequent concerts outside their studios, but for some reason they decided to have this particular performance at my school.

As a music blogger, I should probably go to this and post something about this. However, no matter how important and influential they are I find them to be dull at best and annoying at worst. They’re just not my thing, and don’t post angry comments trying to convince me otherwise. Also, word is that many a student will stay up all night Thursday drinking and start hanging around the outdoor stage in the snow at about 4:00 or 5:00 AM, so that they don’t oversleep and miss the show. How that results in them actually remembering the show I don’t know. Also in my sleepiness I’ve spun up some conspiracy theory about how this is meant to make the administration look good while overshadowing the efforts of student organizations to get interesting performers to come to our school, but that’s not for this blog.

I’ll probably end up going to it and try to take some pictures, and maybe write up a little review.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with you completely about U2. I just don't get their popularity.

4/26/2009 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home