free web site hit counter

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Semifinal 1 Reaction

Whew! What a relief for the voting to be over! For once, I'm glad to be wrong (although I think getting 8/10 is good enough). I'm happy that Estonia and Moldova didn't make it and that instead Finland and Norway did. I'm also happy that both Americans qualified. The qualification that gets me most excited is Israel, because it breaks the "curse" of song #2 not qualifying (and obviously I want song #2 on Thursday to do well).

It's interesting that only 3 of the qualifiers came from the first half of the show. It's hard to tell if this is from a stronger 2nd half or the fact that there is less of a wait between hearing these songs and voting.

Besides that, it was for the most part a great show. I really loved the postcards but the camerawork wasn't that great.

I'll post again before the 2nd semifinal with my predictions for that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very easy show to predict. Nine of my top ten made it (I had Slovenia in the top ten and Finland twelfth). The second semi-final (with far fewer strong songs) will be much harder to predict, especially with many of the better songs there near the beginning.

VERY glad that Norway made it (a favorite of mine), somewhat disappointed for Slovenia (a near favorite), and VERY disappointed for Netherlands (just a near favorite, but a GREAT performance - much better than Armenia, for example).

I didn't notice that both Americans qualified (glad for that, too). The first semi-final definitely had the stronger songs near the end. We will see what happens on Thursday.

5/20/2008 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home