free web site hit counter

Monday, May 09, 2016

Semifinal 1 Predictions

The first Eurovision semifinal of 2016 is tomorrow! Keeping with tradition, here are my predictions for the ten qualifiers in alphabetical order:

ARMENIA
AZERBAIJAN
BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA
CROATIA
CYPRUS
ESTONIA
HUNGARY
ICELAND
NETHERLANDS
RUSSIA

I'm probably being overly optimistic about Bosnia & Herzegovina and Croatia's chances. My backups after them are Czech Republic and Malta. Despite it being my favorite song, I'm okay if Moldova doesn't qualify but I would be pleasantly surprised if it did. Greece is also tricky because have always qualified, but there is precedent in 2011 when Armenia and Turkey failed to qualify with weaker songs and performances despite large diasporas.

As always, best of luck to all competitors for a great show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home