free web site hit counter

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Europe are Shock!

Welcome to this week’s Sunday Eurovision roundup. Unfortunately I was unable to write last week’s post because I was sick in bed all week.

Finland – I really liked “Battlefield of Love”, so I was disappointed that it had a poor performance and a poor result.

Romania – The only song I really care about in this is “Shine”, which luckily won its semifinal. I hope it wins because this would look fantastic on a big stage (the Romanian semifinals stage is smaller and has much less of an impact.

Sweden - I really liked the first semifinal, and I’m happy with the results, although I thought “Alla gamla x” deserved better than last place. I liked this week's semifinal less, but it was full of surprises. I’m pretty sure nobody expected Carola and Andreas not going directly to the final. Since it’s less likely that they’ll win now, there’s a better chance that someone else will win (Amy? Charlotte? BWO????)

There are many many many finals next week, as Bulgaria, Croatia, Iceland, Ireland, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, and Ukraine select their songs. As for predictions, I’d like to see “Gdje je srce tu je dom” in Croatia, anyone but the turkey in Ireland, “The devil” in Poland, “Shine” in Romania, and “Zavet” in Serbia. There are also semifinals in Belgium, Finland, and most importantly Sweden, because BWO will be performing! If “Lay your love on me” is anything less than amazing I will be sorely disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home