free web site hit counter

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Revisiting the Rankings: 4

Overrated: Ireland 2010
This is a sweet ballad but it lacks the power I thought it had originally. It wouldn't be a problem but it's definitely trying to be a power ballad, without power. If I ranked this year again, I wouldn't put it in the top 10.

Underrated: Slovenia 2006
I was completely obsessed with this song at the time and devastated when it didn't qualify for the final. That hasn't really changed. It's still one of my favorite Eurovision songs since I started following the contest.

Trivia: It's hard to believe now that France's song from 2008 didn't do better. How did a song produced by half of Daft Punk come in 18th place, while "Get Lucky" is the song of the summer 2013. Also, Sweden appeared twice at this rank (2009 and 2011)

Other Songs: Cyprus 2007, FYR Macedonia 2012, Greece 2012

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home