free web site hit counter

Monday, January 09, 2006

Peach Girl: Better than the OC?

I really have nothing better to write about, so I'll review some books that I have. And since the manga is the first thing in my bookshelf, I'll review some of that.



I'm going to review Peach Girl: Change of Heart Vol. 1I bought this one last year at AnimeNEXT thinking I was buying the real Peach Girl manga, but I was wrong. This is the sequel. So, after watching the anime (which I think covers all 8 volumes of Peach Girl) I am ready to review this one.

It's high school drama. You can have your O.C., I'll take Peach Girl. Mainly because I'm already familiar with the characters and I don't like looking at Mischa Barton. I suppose it's timely that I'm reading it now, since most of the book Momo is on her period, just like Mischa Barton.

As for the sexual content (which is the only reason people spend money on anything), there is a nice kissing scene between Momo and Kiley in the rain. Momo also does a lot of knitting. There is some cursing, mostly the word "bitch", which is to be expected in a story when girls are fighting over boys. And the most possibly offensive thing is Kiley's t-shirt at the end of the volume, which appears to have a "stars and bars" design. Otherwise it's less offensive than anything on Fox.

The story's all about rumors and mean girls and relationship drama, yet it's not bad, and Momo is actually a likeable character. Even though she's blonde and tan. At least she's not Mischa Barton.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this! Peach Girl so beats The OC times a million bazillion!
- Meg-chan

1/10/2006 7:13 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

I'd choose Mischa over any anime character. Come on, she was on Once and Again.

1/10/2006 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mischa Barton kinda looks like Peach Girl.

11/03/2009 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home